We treat your home as our own. We offer a wide range of property management services to fit your needs as a landlord or home owner in San Antonio, Austin and the surrounding areas. We tailor our services to ensure that you have the highest level of service for your home or investment property. If you have any questions about your property, statements, etc., please contact your Portfolio Manager.
NOTE: On March 15, 2017 we shut down our Owner Portal.
You will receive your monthly owner statements via email. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Portfolio Manager.
Electronic Owner Payments
Lease Ended Early
HOA for Owners
Owner Make-Ready Concerns
Pricing Your Home Correctly
Third Party Inspections
Monthly Owner Statement Breakdown
- View Our Management Presentation –PDF
- Features Matrix
- OWNER HANDBOOK – PDF
- OWNER CHARGES – PDF
- New Owners- Steps to take after you sign a property management plan
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up now
- Owner Move Out Instructions
- Pest Control Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Does My Property Manager Need to Be Listed as an Additional Insured?
- The advantages of having a Portfolio Manager
- How to Cancel with another Broker
- 8 Step Marketing Plan To Rent Your Home
- Owner HOA Information
- When Your Tenant is Moving Out
- Optional Lockbox Access Programs
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT DOCUMENTS
- Property Management Agreements – Signable
- OWNER’S NOTICE CONCERNING CONDITION OF PROPERTY FORM – PDF
- EPAYMENT POLICY AND PROCEDURES OUTLINE – PDF
OPTIONAL PROGRAMS / SERVICES
- LANDLORD RESCUE FORM SIGNABLE ONLINE | PDF
- ALL INCLUSIVE CLEANING SERVICES – includes maid service and professional carpet cleaning. DETAILS
- EVICTION ASSURANCE FORM – SIGNABLE ONLINE
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO – DETAILS
- RENT PROTECTION PROGRAM FORM – SIGNABLE ONLINE
- TERMINATION OF LISTING FORM – PDF
Unless otherwise stated in the Residential Property Leasing and Management Agreement or restricted by property limitations, all utilities used on the premises are paid for by the tenant. New tenants are advised to notify the appropriate utility companies to have service turned on in their name. During periods of vacancy, utilities can be placed in the company’s name, and the resulting usage will be charged to the owner’s account. Having the electricity on greatly enhances the showing of your property when darkness arrives early in the evening and during hot weather.